Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trinity/trinity

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2: 1-4

Selfish ambition and vain conceit. I have struggled and sometimes I find myself still struggling with this very thing. Selfish ambition. Ambition is a good thing, but when it is focused on self, and what can I gain from what I am doing, it may very well succeed, but the rewards will be empty and the glory only a shadow of what it could have been had the focus been outside of self and on, for and about my Father. How often do we get caught up in “I can do it, I am smart enough or I don’t need God’s help?” When that focus changes from being about Him to being about me, that is the first step down a path that leads to destruction.

We are getting ready to begin our connect group studies at church. I have 14 women in my group and I have to be very open, honest, and completely transparent at all times and I have to remember that this is not My group but God’s group, God’s girls that will be gathering together to hear about God, the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are not coming to hear about me, myself and I. It’s so easy to get lost in the wrong trinity. The world says, “It’s all about me”, but God says, “No, it’s all about Me.”

God I pray that You will help me to stay focused on You as Your girls come together to encourage each other, take comfort, fellowship and daily grow closer to You. Everyday God, help me to be You centered and not self-centered. God make us like-minded, having the same love and being one in spirit and purpose and keep our eyes on YOUR TRINITY not the trinity of me, myself, and I.

By focusing on self and what I need only serves me, not Him. Jesus came to earth to show each one of us how to have a relationship with God. We have to keep our eyes, our minds and our hearts on our Father. One of the best lessons I have learned in this walk down the narrow road is that there are many people that need help, it’s a hard road to stay on, and that the only way I can see others in pain is to look through His eyes at what is in front of me and take my eyes off myself.

How often in your life is the trinity that you are thinking about and focusing on the one the world tells you to focus on or are you truly living each day for the big three, Your Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit? Change your focus, today, live with your focus on Him and His will, and realize that it’s not “all about me.”

1 comment:

Michelle T said...

Great blog! God is using you in so many ways and I'm so honored to be on the side lines watching. You are going to have a great group this semester and I know lives will be changed because of your trust and faith in God. Love you!
Michelle T