Saturday, January 2, 2010

42 Things I Like About You


Today is my WH’s celebration of the creation of his belly button. A little while back a friend of mine wrote a blog post about her husbands birthday and she listed things that she loved, admired, respected and just generally liked about him. The same number as his birthday. I thought it was a great idea and so I’m going to do my own today for WH. Too many times I know I am quick to complain, nag, or be negative in some way and just assume someone knows how I feel about them. This year I want to make sure that those that I care for know how I feel and how much they are appreciated.  Happy birthday my love.

1. He makes me laugh.
2. He is one of the smartest individuals I know.
3. He is one of the kindest individuals I know.
4. He is a very giving man.
5. He has more patience in his little finger then most people have in their entire body.
6. His eyes. Just his eyes.
7. He listens to me.
8. He likes my cooking, a lot.
9. He is solid.
10. He is my sounding board.
11. He holds back the tide when I feel overwhelmed.
12. He can fix anything
13. He cooks and enjoys it.
14. He looks sexy when he grills
15. He is willing to try anything.
16. He is willing to let me try anything.
17. He listens to my dreams.
18. He tolerates mood swings from all the females in the house.
19. He is a very safe driver.
20. He doesn’t mind me camping out in bookstores.
21. He never fusses about how much we spend at bookstores.
22. He can teach himself anything.
23. When he decides to do something there is no stopping him.
24. He is very wise.
25. His prayers are powerful.
26. I would follow him anywhere.
27. When he wraps his arms around me I feel like I can do anything.
28. I can come to him in tears and emotional and when he holds me all the worry and stress goes away.
29. I love to talk with him and listen to his view on things because we think very differently.
30. Even though we think differently we are very similar in our likes and dislikes.
31. He has an enormous capacity to accomplish great things.
32. He has a quiet faith that runs very deep.
33. He stands up for what he believes in, no matter what.
34. He doesn’t allow other peoples opinions or views sway his.
35. He isn’t afraid to admit when he is wrong.
36. He isn’t afraid to say he is sorry.
37. He takes amazing photographs.
38. He loves my daughter like she was his own.
39. He loves my parents like they were his own.
40. He loves me
41. His laugh warms my heart.
42. I can see us growing old together, and I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in our life.

I love you. Happy Birthday Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, Rod! wishing you many, many more wonderful belly button days :)

Can't wait to see the list Leigh comes up with for your 83rd birthday! :)

Amy New said...

Happy Birthday Rodney, hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Very well said my love. Mama C